Saturday 4 August 2018

A look at Sarah Alexandra Norwich

Life takes strange turns. A few short years ago I never thought that I would be grateful to be washing dishes and cleaning up a kitchen, but circumstances change and helping out the Rexford family like this feels rewarding considering everything they've done for me. I have a home again and it is because of them.

My companions and I continue to look for something, anything that might lead to the capture of this "Ripper" monster. Mr. Bennett has decided to return to the United States having caught his criminal. He was rude but I wish him well all the same. Being away from home and family can be rough on anyone. Veronika Strauss was wounded by what appears to have been a rabid owl. While she has survived the injury and seems to be recovering well I am ill at ease. I do not want all of us to remain idle while she recovers. Luckily my friend Mary gave me something I was able to use.

Mary Jane Kelly told me that she had a suitor. A suitor of all things! She seemed absolutely enamored with the man and I will admit a certain curiosity, from what I know of her she would not fall for someone so completely so quickly. I decided to seek this man out and take his measure. If he was some kind of rake I would have to do something. I was not just going to let some ruffian make use of my friend.

Skjall (I think he might be Swedish?) was polite enough. When I first glimpsed him he was having an argument with Madame Caitlin Griffith about something though because of distance and a sense of courtesy I did not snoop on their conversation. Once that argument was over I approached the man himself. He was polite enough, seemed to find my concern for Mary touching and said that I should talk to the Madame directly. He thought that it would make her smile and help me find what I was looking for...

She certainly smiled and I certainly found something, though it was not what I came there to search for. 
Cait-... Madame Griffith was fascinating, charming, witty, kind. I've never met a woman quite like her. We shared some rather amazing wine and got to talking for a time. It's difficult to describe and may indeed be sinful to even contemplate but she is... special to me. I want to see more of her. Learn more. I've never felt this way about anyone before.

I'll be seeing her again tonight. She said I should visit her again, we could share some wine and talk. I hope she won't mind me visiting frequently... 

No comments:

Post a Comment